Sunday, August 16, 2009

Authors' Game

Growing up, we had a card game called "Authors." We didn't know it was good for us, so we played it. The idea is the same as "Go Fish," but instead of collecting Fish, you collect the works of an author. The deck was made up of books by famous authors: four for each author. So, for Mark Twain there might be Tom Sawyer, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, Innocents Abroad, and The Prince and the Pauper. The card shows the author's name for quick reference. The first person to collect four of the authors' best known works wins the game.

Lately, not having the cards or the people to play with, I've come up with my own "Author's Game." It's hardly new, but it's fun all the same. I've been reading about the lives and times of some of my favorite authors. It's pretty amazing. I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment